New Year’s can be a fun holiday for every generation. Even if your kiddos aren’t going to make it until midnight, they can still have fun celebrating!
This New Year’s Tic-Tac-Toe game can be a fun addition to any party, or used as an educational tool about the calendar and changing years.
Tic-Tac-Toe is a classic game that everyone knows and loves, and it’s perfect for travel and when you need an easy activity that will fit in a purse or backpack.
There are two variations of this free download included below available to print in black and white and in full color. We recommend laminating them so that they can be reused again and again.
Looking for more New Year’s crafts and printables?
What You’ll Need:
- Tic-Tac-Toe printable template (available at the bottom of this post)
- Paper or cardstock paper
- Tokens – you can use the printable tokens we created, candy, stickers, little toys, scrap paper, or let them write on the pages!
- Self-laminating sheets (optional, but recommended to make the cards reusable)
How to Play Tic-Tac-Toe:
- Start by giving each player a card. These printable cards are a grid with 3×3. You can use the traditional ‘x’ and ‘o’ for marking the squares, or you can use other tokens of your choice!
- You set up the game by deciding who will be ‘x’ and who will be ‘o,’ or the ‘hat’ and ‘disco ball’ and then take turns putting your token in empty squares of the grid.
- The goal is to get three tokens or marks in a row. Whoever does that first wins. You can have your row go in a line diagonally, up, down or straight across.
- Once someone has won, you can clear the board and start over.
Tips and Ideas:
- Having a kiddo New Year’s Eve party can be fun any time of day. You can even celebrate the clock striking noon!
- Going on a road trip? This makes a great game for a car ride.
- You can reuse these sheets again and again! If you’re having children mark on them, consider laminating them and reusing them with a reusable marker.
- These are perfect for a classroom party or to take to a restaurant while you wait for your meal.
Printable Download Links:
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board and tokens in black and white.
Printable Download Link and Preview Image(s)
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board and tokens in full color.