Whether it’s back to school season or you have a little one who is learning about writing and drawing, this free printable is for you!
This pencil template can be used to mark the start of a new school year, as a name tag, decoration or as a part of a cute teacher’s gift as a gift card holder.
Below, you will find a PDF file you can download to print. We’ve included a single pencil outline and one with multiple pencil shapes on it. These can also be used as a pencil coloring page or as a paint project.
Looking for more school-themed ideas and templates?
How to Use This Pencil Template:
This template is for personal and educational use only. Feel free to use it at home or in your classroom. It is not intended for commercial use. If you use our template, please link back to this page.
Using a pencil printable is a fun way to teach children of all ages about writing and drawing. As a preschool or kindergarten craft, they can do more of the cutting and coloring with you.
Ready to make your cutout pencil? Follow these steps!
- Pencil Template
- Yellow, gray or beige, pink and black construction paper (assorted paper pack)
- School glue
Steps to Assembling Your Pencil:
- Print out your template(s).
- Cut out the pencil and trace it onto the lighter shade of cream or beige paper.
- Next, trace and cut out the yellow for the pencil body, the pink for the eraser and the black accents.
- As an alternative, you can trace one outline on yellow paper and use paint or markers to add the details.
- If using construction paper for each piece, glue together to make your pencil shape.
More Ideas to Try:
- Use this template as a pencil coloring page.
- Print out and use the paper as a painting game or guide.
- Use the template as name tag or to mark desks or cubbies.
- Use a pencil attached to an envelope to enclose a gift of appreciation for your child’s teacher or bus driver.
This downloadable pdf includes four pencil templates.
Single Pencil Outline:
This downloadable pdf has one single pencil template.