Having a crayon template handy is a great way to make a fun paper craft or for working on colors at home or in the classroom.
This crayon template can be educational—you can talk to kids about their favorite color or show them how to combine colors. You can also string the crayons together to make a garland!
Below, you will find PDF files that you can download to print. These can also be used as a coloring page or as a paint project.
More School-Themed Ideas and Templates:
How to Use This Crayon Template:
This template is for personal and educational use only. Feel free to use it at home or in your classroom. It is not intended for commercial use. If you use our template, please link back to this page.
If this craft is for a preschool or kindergartner, they can do more of the cutting, gluing and/or coloring with you. You can also print out multiple pages of the template and make it a learning exercise about different colors and how they work together.
Crayon Cutout Steps:
If you’re wanting to make crayons in a variety of colors, you can do so using basic construction paper. Here’s how to make your box of crayons.
- Crayon template
- Construction paper in a variety of colors (assorted paper pack)
- School glue
Steps to Assembling Your Crayon:
- Print out your template(s).
- Cut out the crayon and trace it onto construction paper.
- Next, cut out black ovals and lines to use on the crayons and glue them on. You could also use a black marker to draw on the construction paper.
- As an alternative, you can trace one outline on yellow paper and use paint or markers to add the details.
More Ideas to Try:
- Use this template as a coloring page.
- Print out and use the paper as a painting game or guide.
- Use the crayon cutouts as name tags or to mark desks or cubbies.
- Use a crayon cutout attached to an envelope to enclose a gift of appreciation for your child’s teacher or bus driver.
This downloadable PDF includes four crayons on one printer paper page.
Single Crayon Template:
This downloadable PDF is for a single crayon template to cut out.