Fall is the best season for crafting! This acorn template can make all kinds of fun activities for children.
Use our free printable to talk about the changing seasons, as an accompaniment to the book Little Acorn, or use it after an afternoon of looking for and collecting acorns. This template also make a great coloring page or room decoration.
Below, you will find a PDF file you can download to print. We’ve included an acorn outline in a few different sizes.
Looking for More Fall-Themed Ideas and Templates?
- Leaf Template – Free Printable
- School Bus Template – Free Printable and a Bus Craft
- Make a Paper Bag Owl Puppet
How to Use This Acorn Template:
This template is for personal and educational use only. Feel free to use it at home or in your classroom. It is not intended for commercial use. If you use our template, please link back to this page.
Using an acorn outline is a fun way to encourage children to be curious about the changing seasons. If you’re using it with a toddler, it’s the perfect craft to talk about how a seed can grow big (just like they will). As a preschool or kindergarten craft, they can do more of the cutting and coloring with you.
Acorn Template Cutout Steps:
Ready to make your cutout acorn? Follow these steps!
- Acorn Template download
- Brown construction paper in various shades (assorted paper pack)
- School glue
- Googly eyes (optional but fun)
Steps to Assembling Your Acorn:
- Print out your template(s).
- Cut out the acorn and trace it onto brown.
- Next, trace any of the various sizes you want to use too.
- As an alternative, you can trace one outline on any color of paper and use paint or markers to add the details.
More Ideas to Try:
- Use this template as an acorn coloring page.
- Print and use the paper as a painting game or guide.
- Use the acorn sheet as name tags or to mark desks or cubbies.
- Make a fall-themed garland using the acorn and leaf templates.
Set of Acorn Templates:
All three of our printables are combined in this download.
Single Acorn Download:
This download is a larger-sized acorn that takes up one full page.
Group of Acorns:
For three acorns of medium size, use this download.
This download has multiple sizes of the acorn on one page.