Finding activities to do inside during the winter months can be tough!
Whether you’re getting ready for winter break in the classroom or on break and stuck inside, this Hanukkah Tic-Tac-Toe printable game is a classic way to teach children about the holiday while keeping them busy.
Bonus: Tic-Tac-Toe is a game that every generation loves and knows how to play.
There are two variations of this free download included below available to print in black and white and in full color.
Tic-Tac-Toe is a great game because you’re not only learning about the holiday or season, but you can work on strategy (and even pack it up to take on a road trip.)
Looking for more Hanukkah activities?
- Popsicle Stick Menorah (A Fun Hanukkah Craft!)
- Hanukkah Books and Activity Ideas
- Dreidel Garland (Easy Hanukkah Craft with Free Template!)
- Hanukkah Craft – A Pasta and Lentil Menorah
What You’ll Need:
- Tic-Tac-Toe printable template (available at the bottom of this post)
- Paper or cardstock paper
- Tokens – you can use the printable tokens we included, candy, stickers, little toys, scrap paper, or let them write on the pages!
- Self-laminating sheets (optional, but recommended to make the cards reusable)
How to Play Tic-Tac-Toe:
- Start by giving each player a card. These printable cards are a grid with 3×3. You can use the traditional ‘x’ and ‘o’ for marking the squares, or you can use other tokens of your choice!
- You set up the game by deciding who will be ‘x’ and who will be ‘o’, (or who will be the menorah and who will be the dreidel) and then take turns putting your token in empty squares of the grid.
- The goal is to get three tokens or marks in a row. Whoever does that first wins. You can have your row go in a line diagonally, up, down or straight across.
- Once someone has won, you can clear the board and start over.
Tips and Ideas:
- These are perfect for a classroom party or to take to a restaurant while you wait for your meal.
- Use this game as a chance to teach your kiddos about the tradition and celebration of Hanukkah.
- Going on a road trip? This makes a great game for a car ride!
- You can reuse these sheets again and again! If you’re having children mark on them, consider laminating them and reusing them with a reusable marker.
Printable Download Links:
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board in black and white.
Printable Download Link and Preview Image(s)
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board in full color.