There are so many fun things to do to celebrate the 4th of July! Whether you’re going to a carnival or parade, sometimes it’s helpful to have a game ready to go in the car or in your bag.
4th of July Tic-Tac-Toe is a classic game that every generation loves to play. You can take it with you on a picnic and it will help pass the time while you wait for the parade or fireworks.
There are 2 variations of this free download included below, available to print in black and white in full color.
Looking for more 4th of July free printables?
What You’ll Need:
- Tic-Tac-Toe printable template (available at the bottom of this post)
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Tokens – you can use the printable ones provided with the outline template, or you can use candy, stickers, little toys, scrap paper, or let them write on the pages!
- Self-laminating paper (optional, but recommended to make the cards reusable).
How to Play Tic-Tac-Toe:
- Start by giving each player a card. These printable cards are a grid with 3×3. You can use the traditional ‘x’ and ‘o’ for marking the squares, or you can use other tokens of your choice!
- You set up the game by deciding who will be ‘x’ and who will be ‘o’, and then take turns putting your token in empty squares of the grid.
- The goal is to get 3 tokens or marks in a row. Whoever does that first wins. You can have your row go in a line diagonally, up, down or straight across.
- Once someone has won you can clear the board and start over.
Tips and Ideas:
- Going on a road trip? This makes a great game for a car ride!
- You can reuse these sheets again and again! If you’re having children mark on them, consider laminating them and reusing them with a reusable marker.
- These are perfect for a classroom party or to take to a restaurant while you wait for your meal.
Printable Download Links:
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board in black and white.
Printable Download Link and Preview Image(s)
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board in full color.
Other Printable Tic-Tac-Toe Boards:
Be sure to check out our summer crafts, too!