Tic-Tac-Toe is a classic game that every generation loves to play. It’s great on a rainy indoor day or for a road trip.
For Halloween Tic-Tac-Toe, you can mix things up by using pieces of candy as your x’s and o’s, and use pieces of paper cut into things like jack-o’-lanterns and bats!
Tic-Tac-Toe is also an easy way to teach kids about strategy and a little bit of competition.
There are two variations of this free download, included below. This game is available to print in black and white and in full color, and also comes with pieces to cut out to use as tokens if needed.
Looking for more Halloween activities?
- Halloween Slime
- 30 No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- You’ve Been Booed! (Free Printable)
- Pumpkin Template
- Witch Handprint Craft
- Halloween Bingo
- Halloween Books and Activity Ideas
What You’ll Need:
- Tic-Tac-Toe printable template (available at the bottom of this post)
- Paper or cardstock paper
- Tokens – you can use candy, stickers, little toys, scrap paper, or let them write on the pages!
- Self-laminating paper (optional, but recommended to make the cards reusable)
How to Play Tic-Tac-Toe:
- Start by giving each player a card. These printable cards are a grid with 3×3. You can use the traditional “x” and “o” for marking the squares, or you can use the printable images we included with the template! You can also use any other tokens of your choice! Since it’s a Halloween version, candy pieces would be fun, too!
- You set up the game by deciding who will be “x” and who will be “o,” and then take turns putting your token in empty squares of the grid.
- The goal is to get three tokens or marks in a row. Whoever does that first wins. You can have your row go in a line diagonally, up, down or straight across.
- Once someone has won, you can clear the board and start over.
Tips and Ideas:
- Going on a road trip? This makes a great game for a car ride!
- You can reuse these sheets again and again! If you’re having children mark on them, consider laminating them and reusing them with a reusable marker.
- These are perfect for a classroom party or to take to a restaurant while you wait for your meal.
Printable Download Links:
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board and pieces in black and white.
Printable Download Link and Preview Image(s)
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board and pieces in full color.