Looking for a fun game to play with your child on Father’s Day? This free printable tic-tac-toe game is great way for kids to learn while celebrating the holiday together.
This printable Father’s Day tic-tac-toe game can also be used in classroom, on a car ride, or as a fun indoor activity. We recommend laminating your tokens so you can play this game again and again.
There are two variations of this free PDF download included below— available to print in black and white and in full color.
More Father’s Day Ideas:
What You’ll Need:
- Tic-Tac-Toe printable template (available at the bottom of this post)
- Paper or cardstock paper
- Tokens – you can use the cutouts we included with the download, candy, stickers, little toys, scrap paper, or let them write on the pages!
- Self-laminating sheets (optional, but recommended to make the cards reusable).
How to Play Tic-Tac-Toe:
- Start by giving each player a card. These printable cards are a grid with 3×3. You can use the printable tokens provided, a traditional ‘x’ and ‘o’ for marking the squares, or you can use other tokens of your choice.
- You set up the game by deciding who will be ‘x’ and who will be ‘o’, and then take turns putting your token in empty squares of the grid.
- The goal is to get three tokens or marks in a row. Whoever does that first wins. You can have your row go in a line diagonally, up, down or straight across.
- Once someone has won, you can clear the board and start over.
Tips and Ideas:
- Going on a road trip? This makes a great game for a car ride!
- You can reuse these sheets again and again! If you’re having children mark on them, consider laminating them and reusing them with a reusable marker.
- This game is perfect for a classroom or to take to a restaurant while you wait for your meal.
Printable Download Links:
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board and tokens in black and white.
This downloadable PDF set includes a printable tic-tac-toe board and tokens in full color.