With the holidays in full swing, it can be a lot of fun to let some helping kiddo hands make their own turkey! This turkey template can be used to help kids practice their scissor skills by cutting out the template and putting it together.
Or, you can use this free turkey template as a coloring activity that gets put together by adults for younger children.
If this 3D turkey template is not what you are looking for, we also have two options for flat turkey templates that younger children can color while practicing their grasp and fine motor skills.
Either way, this project makes a cute decoration to celebrate the Thanksgiving season.
Below, you will find a PDF file you can download to print. You can cut out the pieces and put the turkey together. Or this can also be used as a turkey coloring page or paint project.
Looking for more Thanksgiving-themed ideas and templates?
How to Use This Turkey Template:
This template is for personal and educational use only. Feel free to use it as home or in your classroom. It is not intended for commercial use. If you use our template, please link back to this page. This helps our site grow!
Turkey Template Printable:
Using this turkey template printable is a fun way to teach children of all ages about turkeys or facts about Thanksgiving. If you’re using it with a toddler, they can color or paint the pieces, allowing an adult to cut and assemble the turkey.
As a preschool or kindergarten craft, they can do more of the cutting and coloring with you.
- Turkey template download (at the bottom of this post)
- Orange, brown, and black construction paper
- Acrylic paint
- School glue
Steps to Assembling Your Turkey:
- Print out your template(s).
- Cut out the turkey and trace it onto construction paper.
- Follow the printed directions to assemble the turkey.
- As an alternative, if working with younger children, allow them to color or paint on the white printed template paper.
More Ideas to Try:
- Let children write things they are thankful for on the turkey features before assembling.
- Use the 3D turkey option as a centerpiece on a table or display in the classroom.
- Let children add names to the feathers before assembling, then use the 3D turkey as a table setting decor. This will let the guests know what table they are sitting at for a Thanksgiving lunch or snack time.
Turkey Printable Template Option 1:
This downloadable PDF includes the full set of turkey templates, including one for a flat turkey you can display on a wall, bulletin board, or any other flat surface.
Turkey Printable Template Option 2:
This downloadable PDF has the flat turkey template with multiple turkeys on one page.
3D Turkey Printable Option 3:
This downloadable PDF has all the pieces you will need to make a 3D turkey that can sit on a table or other flat surface.
This turkey feather download includes 10 turkey feathers to add to any turkey craft you’re working on.