This printable owl template is an activity that allows kids to be creative and work on their cutting, glueing, and coloring skills. Whether you’re working on the alphabet and the letter “O”or learning about nocturnal animals, you can use this printable as a part of any crafting session or lesson planning.
Preschoolers and elementary students will love making their own personalized owl to show their friends and toddlers will have a chance to work on their motor skills.
Below, you will find a PDF file to download to print. We’ve included an owl outline, the detail pieces to design a personalized owl, and a second owl design. These can also be used as a coloring page or as a paint project.
And just as a safety reminder, don’t forget that an adult is needed for any cutting and glueing until the child is old enough to not need assistance.
Looking for More Fall Ideas and Crafts?
How to Use This Owl Template:
This template is for personal and educational use only. Feel free to use it as home or in your classroom. It is not intended for commercial use. If you use our template, please link back to this page.
Using an owl printable is a fun way to teach children of all ages about seasons, nature, and different types of animals. If you’re using it with a toddler, it’s the perfect craft to practicing your owl sounds while making.
As a preschool or kindergarten craft, they can do more of the cutting and coloring with you.
Ready to make your cut out owl? Follow these steps!
- Owl download- available at bottom of post.
- Brown, orange, black, and white construction paper (assorted paper pack)
- School glue
Steps to Assembling Your Owl:
- Print out your template(s).
- Cut out the owl body and trace it onto construction paper.
- Next, trace any of the individual pieces you want to glue on like wings or eyes.
- As an alternative, you can trace one outline on construction paper and use paint or markers to add the details.
More Ideas to Try:
- Use this template as an owl coloring page.
- Print out and use the paper as a painting game or guide.
- Use the owl as name tags or to mark desks or cubbies.
Owl Template Set:
This downloadable PDF set includes 3 pages, including an owl body with pieces, one without, and a second design.
Owl Printable Template – With Shapes + Pieces:
This downloadable PDF includes this owl shape along with the pieces to give it wings, a nose, and eyes.
Owl Printable Template – Body Only:
This downloadable PDF has this shape of the owl with the body only.
Owl Printable- Option 2:
This downloadable PDF has this second owl shape on one page.